The New Horizon Center Crisis Stabilization and Mentoring Services, LLC operates under the Milwaukee County Wraparound Program to provide Short-term on-going mental health intervention to at-risk youth in their home, community and school.
Crisis stabilizers and mentors receive a minimum of 40 hours of comprehensive and on-going training that skillfully prepares each person to meet the specialized needs and challenges of this population.
Our Crisis stabilizers are trained to:
- Intervene and de-escalate a crisis situation that could potentially lead to severe outcomes and consequences
- Recognize high-risk and inappropriate behaviors
- Access appropriate community resources that can be utilized by the youth and family
- Work with a team of professionals to provide encouraging and favorable outcomes for each youth
- Become effective role models and positive mentors for each youth.
- Must be 18 years or older
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Social Service/Psychology or Human Services Preferred
- A high school diploma or equivalent accepted
- Provide 3 letters of professional recommendations/references
- Have a valid driver’s license with a good driving record and proof of auto insurance
- A safe, dependable and reliable vehicle
- Valid full-coverage insurance
- Weekly Anger Management Sessions
- Life skills classes
- Proper preventive Preparation
- Recreation Services