At New Horizon Day Care Center we structure our day so that children have the opportunity to participate in a wide variety of academic activities and experiences that develops a strong base for later educational accomplishments. Both free play and structured activities are a part of our child centered, strength based approach to learning. Regular use is made of our spacious outdoor facility and neighborhood parks.
Our staff is trained to encourage and support your child’s self-confidence, creativity and curiosity. Our comprehensive program is a building block for learning, growing and development in a young child’s life.
Communicating with parents and families is crucial in early childhood. Young children are not able to convey information about their needs independently. Working with families enables out teachers to provide continuity in the lives of children & encourages parents to work with us as partners.
Featured Program Highlights
- Serving children ages 6 weeks to 12 years
- Nationally acclaimed-Preschool First developmentally appropriate curriculum for infants, toddlers and preschoolers.
- Children are served nutritious and balanced morning snack, noon lunch and afternoon snack. We have a healthy eating policy and fresh fruit, vegetables and quality foods are served daily.
- Weekly in-house library services and story hour time conducted by Public Library staff
- Highly qualified & certified teaching staff CPR and First Aid certified staff Balanced teacher student ratio
Reliable Transportation provided Welcome bag for newly enrolled families 5 Large and Spacious classroom areas Before and After School Care Computer and Home work lab
- Weekly summer field trips Havenwoods Park Garden Program
All play and learning experiences are designed to meet the physical, social, emotional and intellectual needs of your child through creative, stimulating and varied learning opportunities.
Our educational and creative environment is designed to cater exclusively to the growth and development, of our children’s talents and desires.
Each room is colorfully decorated and designed to stir the imagination, creativity and to motivate each child to reach their fullest potential.
Activities and Recreation
We provide parties, story time, movies, special theme days, show and tell, computer time, game time, free time, and field trips to kid friendly areas such as the zoo, museums and local parks. NHDC, also provides a large outdoor fenced in play area with a swing set and other stat approved outdoor activities.